In the simplest terms, meditation is a device. It is a way of life that combats stress, fosters physical health, cures pain, makes you sleep better, feel happier, be more peaceful, as well as be more present.
Meditation is also a doorway to the unknown. It can help us get a sense of the mystery of who we are.
Meditation is an approach to training the mind, similar to the way that fitness is an approach to training the body. Its effects can transform your life. It has building capacities that can make you better than what you are now…
However, meditation is no child’s play. It isn’t easy to achieve. It’s extremely difficult for a beginner to sit for hours and think of nothing.
But many meditation techniques exist. Below is a list of 10 tips that’ll assist you to perform meditation:
1. Begin your day with a morning meditation. The peace and tranquility of even 5 minutes of the morning can offer you inexhaustible vitality throughout the day.
2. Carve out just a little time: Meditation is essentially relaxing, so choose a convenient hour. Though the morning is very suitable as mentioned above, you can meditate at any time of the day. However, the hours of sunrise and sunset are the most ideal ones.
3. Choose a suitable Place: Just like choosing a convenient time, you need to choose a proper place where you won’t be disturbed. You need a place where you can focus interruptedly. Quiet and peaceful surroundings make meditation fruitful.
4. Use a correct Posture: Your posture makes a difference. So, make sure you sit comfortably and steadily. Sit straight with your spine erect; keep your shoulders and neck relaxed, and eyes closed throughout the process.
5. Keep an Empty Stomach: Never meditate with a full stomach.A good time to meditate is before having a meal.
However, do not force yourself to meditate when you are very hungry. You will find it difficult because of hunger cramps or you may even keep thinking about food the whole time!
6. Warm-ups mustn’t be avoided. A few warm-up exercises before meditation helps improve circulation, removes restlessness and makes the body feel lighter.
7. Breathe well. Deep breathing in and out before meditating is always a good idea. This helps to steady the rhythm of the breath and leads the mind in to a peaceful state.
8. Smile gently, but don’t laugh. A gentle smile throughout keeps you relaxed, peaceful and enhances your meditation experience.
9. You may turn on very light music during meditation.You need to stop thinking. You must severe yourself from the world outside.Meditation is about letting go, about \
surrendering. For this, meditation aids like soft music, or candles, or incensed sticks can be used.
10. Establish a regular practice. It is important for you to realize that you need to meditate for your own good. So do it voluntarily. Do not force yourself unnecessarily.
Once you start recognizing its benefits, you will start loving it. And when you love what you do, life becomes a lot easier!